Sunday, March 31, 2013

March favourites


I thought it would be a good idea to show some of the products I've been loving this last month especially, springs come along and in Myanmar it's more like summer so I thought it would be a good idea to inject some colour in to my life.

I have been loving this balm stain from Revlon, personally I like to sheer it down by only applying one light coating and then rubbing it in. Due to it being in a balm form I find it really easy to do this! as pen forms don't allow enough movement. This particular colour is a bright orange which you can wear sheerly on a day to day occasion or more opaque for that fancy dinner. I actually quite like how it's not glossy after a while as I find it looks more natural. These crayons are retractable and big money saver if you were looking at the clinique chubby sticks as I find them to be able to build up, thus being more versatile.
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in 040 rendevous rendevous

I've been loving sporting a glow and this product has really done it for me! I find most highstreet highlighters to be too light for my skintone otherwise too glittery. With just a sheer sweep of this on my cheekbones and cupids bow I look fresher and healthier. The powder also works great as an eyeshadow and I've been wearing this very sheerly across the lid on a daily basis this last month. If you increase the amount it's great for highlighting the brow bone as well as the tear duct area. In terms of using it as a bronzer, steer really clear, it's far too shimmery to work that way and too like my skintone to work as a bronzer. If you're paler than me perhaps you could use this as a product to give you a glow and could work as a powder form for laguna multiple from NARS Although quite expensive I definitely think it's worth it as the amount of product they give you will last you forever. 

The Balm Betty-Lou manizer

Swatch of Betty-lou Manizer
My next favourite is a Bourjois eyeshadow in Intense Extrait 05 a dark emerald green. This shade has a slight shimmer to it and the eyeshadow claims to stay for 16 hours. If you're someone like me with oily eyelids it's more like 4 hours but it's better to have that option. I'm not mentioning this product as an eyeshadow as I actually find it slightly difficult to work with in terms of blending. But due to the amazing pigmentation (the photo doesn't show it" I love using this as an eyeliner with an anglied brushed. I think it adds a subtle 'pop' to your eye makeup if you're someone who wears a wash of a light neutral, and is definitely a departure from black liner.


Bourjois eyeshadow Intense Extrait 05

eyeshadow Intense Extrait 05

Left, 1 swipe of Bourjois eyeshadow

Lastly, I've noticed a large trend is to have natural lashes. For me the Revlon growlucious mascara is great for whacking on in the mornings before school. I only apply one coat and it's clump free and looks very natural but lengthens my lashes. In fact after using this product I've been receiving a lot of compliments about how long my eyelashes look, as I have straight lashes so they're not very noticeable, yet people question whether I'm wearing any mascara or not! so a big bonus if you're someone who likes the no makeup makeup look. The wand is pretty big but I have quite large eyeballs so I don't find it too difficult, you can definitely layer this mascara to get a more dramatic effect of needed. This mascara doesn't really play on the volume side and I'm not sure about whether if it is actually helping my lashes grow but if it helps why not? I use the non-waterproof and I don't notice any flaking and my lashes are still flexible and not crunchy so as a whole I would definitely repurchase this mascara.

Revlon Growlucious plumping mascara non-waterproof


wand of growlucious mascara

what are your monthly favourite products?

No comments:

Post a Comment