Saturday, March 2, 2013

soap and glory it's about prime, eye primer


Eye primers can literally save your life if you have oily lids and need something to make your eyeshadow last longer. A lot of people say they use things such as a 'base' to make the colours stand out more and last longer. If you're some one who has dry skin usually you don't need an eye primer for longevity but you may use it to intensify colour. If you're someone like me who has super oily eyelids and you notice that there is no longer any eyeshadow left on your eyelid, you need an eye primer or a good base. A base can be a cream shadow or another eyeshadow but these don't always work for those of us with oily lids because the cream can move around (unless you get specific ones) and shadows just don't stay put. Eye primers work in the same way as face primers, they absorb/stop oil and make your, in this case, eyeshadow last longer. Now that that's said I'm not going to give a list of good or bad eye primers because I haven't tried enough but I will recommend a few really well known ones at the end.

Soap and glory is a British brand who have been raved about in the youtube beauty community quite a lot, mainly due to their hand cream and body scrub. Their makeup line is fairly new and I believe it's only sold in the UK but you can get the rest of the soap and glory line in sephora's in asia. The primer is called: IT'S ABOUT PRIME.



That to me is a really cute name because it links to the time and how primer... never mind. There are 2 shades of this primer, one dark grey and one light cream.


The product comes with a doe foot applicator which isn't the best because it's had to get everything out, I wish it was a squeezy tube instead but unlike the old UD primer potion the bottle isn't a weird shape so hopefully it won't be too difficult to get to all the product.


Now on my skin tone it is pale but when you've done the eyes the white looks natural enough as a brow highlight so I can skip that sometimes!


 I have the shade bright light which is the whiter shade. I find that I don't have to use a brow highlight as it works well on my skintone! The white also cover any veins on my lids which is a definite bonus. If you want a clear everyday primer though this isn't for you.

Left, no primer. Right, with primer

 In terms of improving the intensity of colour this primer works, this photo doesn't really show it but it works.

Lastly, this primer makes your eyeshadow last all day. Yesterday I was out in the boiling heat of Myanmar (it was hotter than 35 degrees Celsius!) and I had to sing on stage with really hot lights and my eyeshadow lasted the whole time. So if you're anywhere colder that that you're set.



Other primers which are highly praised-
high end:
Urban Decay primer potion
Too faced shadow insurance

lower end:
Wet n Wild fergie primer
NYX eyeshadow primer


you can also use certain cream shadows like:

  • maybelline colour tatoos
  • benefit creasless cream shadows
  • topshop cream eyeshadows
  • make up forever aqua eyes cream shadows
  • MAC paint pots
  • mememe cream eyeshadow

No comments:

Post a Comment